Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tough week....

I have to say that frankly I've had better weeks. I'm not sure if we're having a run of bad luck or if Karma is repaying us for some unknown thing we've done... but... man. I tell ya. Here's a recap of our week:

-Found out I have been sued and lost (twice!) a couple years ago involving some of my ex's real estate business, except he didn't tell me. And nobody could track me down to serve me, which is odd because I'm here and rather easy to get ahold of. Luckily my sister is fabulous and can deal with straightening out that drama.

-Had a holiday cocktail party that only 5 people came to (thank you Hadleys, Kim, Wendy and Derrick). The absences were so totally understandable (sick, injuries, work, prior engagements, etc). But still.

-Frozen water pipes = no water.

The next few events happened within an hour of each other on Sunday:

-Accidentally turned off the sewer alarm breaker instead of the sewer pump breaker (in case something was frozen there too)... Realized the mistake a few days later and turned it on only to have the sewer alarm go off. Realized something bad had happened and the sewer was overflowing into our yard (much to Nyca's delight). My dad was hunting and was not available to drop everything and bail us out (we're spoiled by my dad's helpfulness). While Dan was trying to figure out what to do until my dad could come over....

-My face swelled up crazy and was deformed. Dan dropped his shitty job (hahahahah!!) to come figure out if I was dying (I wasn't). My face went back down within a couple hours. Then...

-Smoke alarm starts chirping while we're on the phone with Dan's dentist talking about my face (no, my dentist doesn't have emergency contact information available because that would have been WAY TOO convenient).

Then yesterday:

-Went to my dentist to figure out what's wrong w/ my face (clogged and infected saliva duct).

-Called my cancer dr to see if it was related to the iodine treatment (it isn't according to him, but the internet says otherwise!).

-Got an appointment with a new doctor at my general physician's practice. Who apparently just got off the doctor school bus because he had to get a book out to read up on clogged and infected saliva glands. Which was after we spent a fair amount of time discussing how I have the same name as the actress in Twilight and don't I like those books/movies? (Haven't read/seen them.) And is it fun to have the same name as her? (It's not.) Then he prescribed me antibiotics but then decided that maybe I didn't need them. Well, maybe I did. Well, I could just take them or not take them, it really was up to me. (The dispatcher? I tell people how to do CPR over the phone... I have no knowledge about how to decide if an antibiotic is appropriate.)

-So then I come home after being at the doctors, which by then it's 7 pm, dark, and raining. I turn onto my street and almost have a heart attach because I see red lights at my house. OMG. As it turns out, the red light bulbs I put in the outdoor light fixtures for our holiday cocktail party (that nobody came to) look just like emergency lights and can send mamas and wives over the edge because they think one of their boys is hurt.

On a good note.... My cancer doctor said the blood work I got done a couples months ago looks totally great (Oh? What? I didn't know that? Whoops... he thought the results got mailed to me. Meanwhile, I've been in a holding pattern waiting... waiting... waiting... for the results).

Hopefully that was the last of our bad luck... we'll see...

2 comments:

Cailen said...

I'm sorry, little sis! Sometimes we just have these kinds of weeks. Hope you are feeling better.

The Brights said...

Sheesh! Sounds like a 'crapper' of a week! :) Sorry again for not making it to your party...what lame-o's everyone is! :)
So good to hear about your blood results though...that's a good ending to a tough week!