Dan and I have joined the Hadley's in their obsession with bicycle riding. We were going on a bike ride every single day until the last week because of us being super crazy busy (as opposed to the normal crazy busy). Our rides are anywhere from 8-17 miles and we have been enjoying every minute of it. Easton comes with us in a little trailer and usually takes a little snoozer.
We also got our house painted (damn! finally! seriously?? a year?!). Missy Jo, Jessica, and I all got together about a month ago for a wine night and were talking about various projects we needed to get done around our houses, but all felt too overwhelmed to take them on by ourselves. SO, we decided to help each other out and arranged dates for the three of us to go to whoever's house and do whatever project. I think they probably got the raw end of the deal because my project was a two day ordeal, whereas their projects were an afternoon. Needless to say, my house is painted and I love it! It also lit a fire under Dan and he has been working outside like a madman.
Let's see... we took my niece to the fair and let her make a doo-dah bird, which I can remember making with my aunt and uncle forever ago. It was totally packed at the fair and terribly hot, so we didn't last long and were all pretty tuckered out on the way home. Except for Easton, who had the luxury of a nap in his stroller while we were at the fair. And, he didn't have to walk two miles back to the car. Uphill. In 90 degree weather. While packing around a doo-dah bird so it's nose didn't break off, which turned out to be all for not because someone (dan) knocked the nose off AS SOON as we got to the car.
Anyhow. Then later that day we took Easton to a Oly High School football game where he had a totally great time. It was the Oly vs Capital game, who are rivals (Oly won! HAHA! Cougars eat Bears for dinner...yeah right! More like Capital Cougars are stupid! Take that loser Capital Cougars!!). Since it was a rival game, it was pretty packed, so we were down on the track watching the game, which turned out to be a pretty sweet deal because then Easton got to run around more freely. And bust through the barricades onto the field occasionally during the game, but he's so darn cute that nobody cared.
I'll attach some pics for you viewing pleasure....
Anzley with her doo-dah:
Tuckered out on the way home:
Painting day:
Heath taking a break on the roof:
Josh spraying our door:

Easton will finally wear a hat, which is super cute because Dan will dress him in work clothes and have him "help" in the yard... it totally melts my heart...
Easton watching the game, munching on popcorn, which was the only way we could get him to sit still...
If he wasn't eating popcorn, he was racing all over, including onto the field..
Easton getting some snuggle time with Bella.... whom he ADORES!


3 comments:
He's so cute! I love that thoughtful look on his face when he's wearing the hat on the deck. Your house looks good! Congrats on getting it done. Mike says we need to have a trim painting party b/c our house trim is still primered. We'll wait until the swine flu clears out before we invite you all over.
so sweet. i can't believe how grown up (and big) he's getting! you are a good aunt to take your niece to the fair - i loved my doo-dah bird for almost a whole year, i think.
Damn doo-dah birds! Mine always lasted barely 24 hours. I think I got 2 one year because I was so upset about the first one breaking that my parents too me back to make another one.
I think us drinking wine and getting out the calendars is a really good thing!
Post a Comment