Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Trauma: Life in the Stewart House

Easton has his first injury. I can't be that mom and say it's really bad... but... it's not great either. He only lost consciousness for a few seconds. We have a deck with some pretty high stairs. We always have the gate locked into place but I guess Easton figured out how to open it. Well, we have a pool out on the deck, but it's not very deep, so we had let Easton go swimming while Dan and I took a quick snoozer in the living room (our dog Nyca was out there with him, so we figured she'd wake us up if anything happened). My sister had gotten him this little bike thing for his bday and somehow he managed to open the gate and ride the bike down the steps. He banged his head pretty bad, but we Nyca woke us up and we went out there and he was only out for a little bit. I think I'll take him to the doctor if the gash starts to get infected. Poor little boy....

HAHAHAHA!!! Actually... he tripped on a pillow and hit his head on the coffee table, but the fake story is much more gripping isn't it??? He screamed bloody murder until Dan showed him the dog, which had him quickly laughing. (No loss of consciousness, by the way) We just put him to bed, but are planning on waking him up in an hour to make sure he doesn't have a concussion or anything. It really is his first injury... first of many, I'm sure...

This picture was about 2 minutes after he fell. I'll take another pic tomorrow... I bet he'll have quite the bruise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mt mouth was DROPPED open as I was reading....I was like 'KRISTEN!!!', letting your baby boy SWIM and letting Nyca watch him while you and Dan took a snooze (ie: do things)...Whew! You should write suspense novels!

Tanya

The Brights said...

dear God, I had to re-read that first part ten times because I could not believe that you would let Easton swim while you guys slept...I was like 'what?' ...maybe I read that wrong.
Ha ha!! good one!

joyce said...

ha ha - i thought either, "i don't know this kristen girl at all" or, "wow, she has like lassie for a dog or something." poor little guy. i can't believe this is only his first injury though - you are a much better mom than me!