I've really been trying to stop making this blog about Dan and the.... what shall I call them... funny things he does. But sometimes I just can't help myself.
Tonight we put the baby down at his normal bedtime and about 45 minutes later, he starts to cry. Dan goes in, but isn't able to calm him down, which isn't really surprising because he's been waking up a lot the last few nights. Tonight, however, is a different story because he simply will not go back to sleep. Long story short, he has a tummy ache (he barfed everywhere, so I'm guessing that's the problem), so I'm trying everything I've heard about how to calm an upset tummy.
I asked Dan to put a towel or blanket in the dryer to warm it up so that I could put that against Easton's stomach in an effort to ease his pain. Instead of putting it in the dryer, Dan elects to put it in the microwave (seriously. don't ask. this would fall under the "pick your battles" lesson that I have learned numerous times and was trying to avoid learning again). So after Dan's first (failed) attempt at warming the blanket in the microwave, he puts it in there again for longer thinking it would get hotter after more time. Then he gives me the microwaved blanket and we put it between me and the baby's tummy. I start to smell this weird aroma, which is very similar to what I would imagine a burning blanket would smell like. Never having microwaved a blanket and therefore catching it on fire, I kinda had to guess about what the smell was. I tell Dan the blanket smells like burning, so he takes it away from us, opens it up, and smoke fills the room. The blanket has scorch marks on it. How odd is that?
So the lesson learned for today is that putting a blanket in the microwave does not, in fact, save time. And it's possible the said blanket might catch your wife and child on fire. Shocking, I know.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Cracks me up! What are they thinking sometimes?
Was the lightsaber in a safe location during this adventure?
Post a Comment