Thursday, August 21, 2008

Easton Update

Our friends gave us this jumper activity thing and he TOTALLY loves it. He jumps and jumps for hours, which is great for getting stuff done. I put him in it this morning so I could pickup the house. As I walked into the laundry room, I glanced at him and he had just caught some air with one of his jumps and was smiling up a storm. I started a load of laundry and walked out and here is what I found:



I mean, really. How long does it take to start a load of laundry?? Probably two minutes max! He's SOOOOO cute. (Side note: Easton's physical therapist told us the jumper thing is not good for him because it will make him a bad reader. Something about entertainment being readily available and then he won't have to develop skills to entertain himself, which makes the pathways in his brain not develop in the proper order... or something close to what I've said. I thought she was on crack, but Dan's mom confirmed this information. Sooo.... I don't use the jumper? I think not. I use it. We'll practice reading after I'm done cleaning the house. I thought I would share my knowledge of this information so that nobody felt obligated to lecture me on the evilness of jumpers.) Anyhow. I've attached some other pics of the cute kiddo...

Just after he finished a big boy meal of rice cereal and fruit.


Easton being super cute.


Asleep at Dan's baseball game. For some reason he loves having his burp rag bunched up by his neck while he sleeps. Don't worry... I only let him do it while I'm right there - NEVER at night.


3 comments:

The VanderHoevens said...

There is nothing cuter to me than a sleeping baby! He is adorable! He is getting so big - I can't believe it!! We need to get together soon - my life will get slower once school starts - hahahaha.

Cailen said...

Ok, so maybe your baby won't be able to read as soon as other babies (if you even believe that nonsense), but at least he'll be happy! And clean! It's all a trade-off! He looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

OMG, He is just soooo cute, which I know, you already know that!!! I just love reading your blogs. They crack me up and take me back so many years ago when my girls were little. Its funny how I forget about the things until something you write triggers a memory to back when the were little. Its great. Please continue to keep us posted. I look forward to reading 'em.