I know, I know.... twice in one day! Consider yourself lucky to read even more from me. Remember my last post about me loving Fisher Price??? (if not, read the last post first) Well. Disregard that part about the swing and how it's a life saver. In fact. It is not. Easton has had a hard day. I think as soon as I hit "publish post" something very bad in the universe happened because now Easton is screaming and hates his swing. Discovering this was not the end of my world because I am a woman who likes to be prepared. As such, I purchased the bouncy/vibrating chair that every mom cannot live without. However, stupid fisher price makes the vibrating part on a timer so it turns off after a bit. This probably isn't a big deal if you have a child that never screams his bloody guts out. If you do have a child that screams his bloody guts out, this feature is not desirable because when it turns off your child will commence the screaming of his bloody guts out.
Then to top off my stellar screaming filled afternoon, the renters of our Olympia house called and advised they were moving out by the end of the month (in case you were wondering, yes, the phone woke up Easton and he began another screaming fit). For those of you who are familiar with our finances... (probably a lot of you??), this is REALLY BAD news. I switched jobs in September and because of that I only had 3 weeks of paid time off, so for the past month I've been on unpaid time off from work. Since I had the baby, I have been pondering (actually agonizing) how we will pay our bills after my last paycheck, but finally convinced myself this week to stop worrying about it because things have a way of working themselves out. So, after this month we will not only be minus one paycheck, but will also have an extra house payment. (Side note: if the bouncy chair turns itself off one more time while I'm blogging, I might have a heart attack.) I'm hoping we will find a renter very quickly, but last time it took several months. Anyhow, so not a great afternoon for me.
Also, I thought I should point out that on the right of my blog there is a Goodreads part that shows the book I'm currently reading. That book was true when I was still in the hospital with 24 hour nursing staff (God, how I miss them...). I am not currently reading anything that doesn't include the words: gas, poop, breastmilk, and/or baby. If there was a book entitled "I have a baby who screamed all day and I really needed to unpack the house but can't because my hubby is installing the garage door opener so we don't getted robbed blind in the middle of the night, and fyi the dog needs to be fed"... that would be on my "currently reading" Goodreads update.
I think the baby is gassy. We've been using mylicon (sp?) drops, but he is totally screaming. I'm planning on cutting dairy out of my diet, but do any of you moms out there have any other suggestions??? Any ideas would be great....
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Once again...you crack me up!
Do you do the 5 s's....from The Happiest Baby on the Block? Sometimes....babies just cry for the hell of it. Grayson did this occasionally and we never knew when it would hit. Good luck! (sorry no answers here)
Post a Comment