Monday, June 9, 2008

God bless Fisher Price


The swing has saved my life. That's all there is to it. Easton loves his swing and will sleep all day in it and only wake up to eat. I've always been one to appreciate the small things in life, but never thought a baby swing would be one of them. Anyhow, moving on...

I haven't been blogging lately because of two reasons. First, a newborn and moving really does keep a girl busy. Second (and probably most important), I can't get my wireless internet to work. I think the wireless router thing didn't do too well in the move because it just doesn't want to send stuff to the computer. The pathetic thing about this problem, is that my internet works perfectly fine... I just have to hook the computer directly to the wall socket. This is just WAY too inconvenient for me because I am a girl of the technological era and must be able to be anywhere in my house while using the computer. Frankly, I only use it in one spot, but it's the fact that I cannot sit in the hallway and use the internet that really gets me down.

I really miss blogging because I seem to use it as my "venting" outlet. By venting, I really mean complaining about Dan and/or whatever my current woe is. I will provide an example: I have not been on the computer in a week and finally hook up the stupid thing in our room so I can update my blog. I FINALLY get all the wires untangled and plugged in, get the pillows situated correctly behind my back, turn the computer on, get the camera plugged in so I can download pictures, situate my coffee in my lap, and then Dan knocks on the garage door. Yes, to answer your question, he has locked himself out of the house for the 50th freaking time since we moved in. Next you might be asking yourself, "Why is the door from the garage to the house locked all the time? (OR maybe you're asking, should you be leaving your child with someone who consistently locks themselves out of the house?)" Anyhow, as it turns out, we can't lock the main garage door because someone (Dan) started a project that he didn't finish (yes, that's right... a project he didn't finish). Our house didn't come with an electric garage door opener so we bought one. Then Dan decided to install it, but then the baby started flipping out and I had friends coming over so his project got cut short. Needless to say, the only part of the project he accomplished was removing the locking mechanism off the garage door. So, now we can't lock the main door and have to leave the door to the house locked so Tenino-ites don't come and rob us blind in the middle of the night. (Simmer down any would-be robbers, the opener will be installed in a few hours... in theory). FINALLY, you might ask yourself, "Why is Dan locking himself out so much and why doesn't he just make sure to unlock the door before he closes it??" Sadly, I cannot answer this question as it has been one I have been asking him over and over for the past week. Not to worry though, I just told him that was the last time I was unlocking the door and next time he would have to wait until the baby was old enough to open it for him.

I have more examples, but probably my point has been made about blogging/venting. I really should point out that Dan is really great. He is a totally great hubby and dad.... he just can't help that he's a man. He is so fun to watch with the baby. They are a little dad/son team. In fact, I think they have an agreement to make me crazy. Dan usually feeds the baby while I pump out my milk. We do it so much that the baby eats better for him than me. Honestly, I can't really feed him because he just eats a couple ounces and then falls asleep. It takes me over an hour to accomplish what Dan does in 20 minutes. I do have the edge on diaper changing. The baby screams when Dan changes him, but is perfectly fine when I change him. Odd that Dan hates changing him and Easton screams when he does it, therefore making me the diaper changing parent. This is only further evidence of the plan they have to make me nuts. That's fine. I don't want to be part of their "penis club." Me and the dog will hang out together.

We are planning on having a little "see the baby/see the house" get together sometime soon. We really want to have everyone over, but are kindof worried someone will break their ankle in the driveway. We're not exactly finished with everything and have rocks, mud, and holes everywhere, but have put big projects on hold until I start working again. I think it will be a long time before we have everything as we want it, so we might just have people over and ice packs on hand.

I should better wrap this up because I think the baby is starting to stir. I don't mean I plan on feeding him, I just need to find Dan so he can feed him. Maybe I should look in the garage....

3 comments:

The VanderHoevens said...

I love that picture of him asleep. Until you have kids you can never imagine how wonderful it is when they sleep....Take a look at the very special news we got today on our blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey lady! I love reading your blogs, and look forward to them often! Thanks for inviting me to drinks and a movie the other night, it's just what I (and you) needed! We need to do it again soon (and maybe make it a habit!)

Tanya

The Brights said...

Hilarious!!! This cracked me up! Thanks for bringing a little chuckle to me during these dreary days!