Saturday, June 21, 2008

This week's update...

We have been pretty busy at the Stewart household. Easton is growing and getting huge, but has been Mr. Fussy Pants in the process. This severely limits our ability to unpack the house, shower, talk on the phone, blog... or anything else that requires two hands. I was very much at my wits-end, so Dan's mom came over on Friday and held the baby while we cleaned and organized the house. Then Dan's dad came over and made us dinner. Unfortunately, now I want a nanny and chef to live with me. Dan and I like to play the "if we win the lottery" game and he always said we would hire a nanny. I would get on my soapbox about having other people raise my kids, blah, blah, blah. No more. I have certainly changed my mind on that one! Maybe not a nanny, but more like a household-helper.

Employment update: Dan goes back to work on Tuesday and I'm very worked up about it. He has really been my rock through all the baby hospital drama, the move, and now the general having a newborn at home stuff. I think there will be many trips to Yelm when he is working. I resigned my full-time position for a part-time position that allows me to pick up shifts as my schedule allows it. I worked my first one this past week and then another today. It was nice to get out of the house and concentrate on something non-baby related.

We took Easton on his first walk today. We packed up the car and the dog and took a walk around Capitol Lake. If it seems like "packing up the car and the dog" was a really quick simple thing, believe me, it was not. I think I got home from work around 1:15 and we didn't leave the house until 2:45. It took us that long to get our acts together.



After our walk, we stopped for lunch at the Oyster House, but first had to have a detailed conversation with the waiter about stroller etiquette. I was all worked up because I wasn't sure if we should just sit outside because we had the stroller or do we leave the stroller outside and go in... Dan thought we just take the stroller with us to the table inside, which I didn't think was right. After all this deliberation, I still wasn't sure how it worked so I asked the server. Dan rolled his eyes the whole time, but we did clear up that the stroller generally can go inside, but we leave it in the front area by the hostess.

So the baby at home stuff is going ok. We're still trying to get into a routine, which I'm sure all you parents understand. It's been hard to keep in touch with everyone because we don't have time to shower, let alone return phone calls and emails. Most everyone has been pretty understanding at the new parenting while moving into a new house thing, so my guilt over not calling people has been mostly minimal. It's nice to have people come visit because then we don't have to load the kiddo up with all his trappings and take him across the county to visit everyone. Plus, people get to see the new house, so visitors work well all around for us.

I've attached a bunch of pictures of the baby for viewing pleasure...
Easton's many faces:

No comments: