Today was a good day for Easton. He was a little bit fussy in the afternoon, but I fed him and then he was fine! Who knew! Now I'm wondering if his super fussy behavior has just been hunger. When we were in the hospital we generally fed him every 3 hours, so I figured if he's fussy and it's only been an hour or so since he ate last then it's probably something else. Today I fed him a full bottle and he calmed right down and has been fine since. I feel bad for the little guy. Maybe he was just hungry this whole time. I did start him on some stuff yesterday by Little Tummies, called Gripe Water. It's kindof an all natural tonic that helps with stomach troubles (thus the name... little tummies). I don't know for sure what has helped, but he's happy and content, which makes me happy and content.
I got a lot of housework done today. I didn't unpack anything, but have half the house nice and tidy. I finally got all the laundry done, which included washing everything that was packed up because there was evidence of mice in the storage unit. I just sat down to get on the computer (yes... on the bed in my room because my stupid wireless is still not working) and my four-legged child hopped up for some loving and must have been romping in the mud because now my bed is covered in mud-caked Nyca prints. Normally this would annoy me, but I have now accepted my laundry-filled lot in life. I was commenting to Dan about I can't get on top of the laundry and he pointed out that now we have a whole other person in the house. I just can't get my mind around how an infant who weighs less than ten pounds can possibly create more laundry per day than I do, but it seems to be true. This probably is the case because I don't barf on myself and poop my pants (generally speaking).
We take him to the speech therapist at Mary Bridge tomorrow (Thursday) to see if we need to keep thickening his food. I hope they say to keep thickening it because I will probably get all worked up to try something new. I think it will be stressful to change what we've been doing and know is working. I'll keep everyone posted...
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment