Friday, May 23, 2008

A typical Kristen/Dan conversation...

I like to think that I'm a pretty open wife and generally don't shoot down my husband's ideas. Sometimes if I don't agree with what he's saying, I might agree and then wait for him to see the error of his ways. I thought I would provide an example of this (I'll put what I'm actually thinking in parentheses):

Dan: Do you think Easton can come to my baseball game at Safeco on Friday if we get released today or tomorrow?

Me: I don't see why not (yeah, right... a newborn at a game - get real buddy). We can ask the doctor what he thinks (the doctor will have my back that this is a stupid idea).

Dan: OK, that's great because I'd really like to have him there to see me.

Me: Yeah, that'd be cool and fun for him (sure.... a newborn can really enjoy something other than eating or pooping).

The next day's conversation with the doctor:

Dan: Do you think the baby can go to a baseball game at Safeco?

Me: Haha! We must sound like awful parents for asking that (Dan is the awful parent... I, for one, would never even consider this).

Doctor: You know, that would be perfectly fine. You only need to worry about sunburn and having him wear enough clothes, blah blah blah blah. I think that'd be a great first outing.

Dan: Great!

Me: (Damn)

This is an example of when my plan backfires. Looks like we're taking the little guy to Safeco.

We are at the hospital now waiting for the discharge orders to be written by the doctor. I will post pictures of Easton's first outing to Safeco. Good grief.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Hey Guys,
I am glad to see that you are home. Kristen you are very witty, you have missed your calling you should have been a writer, you are stinking funny.

Hope Easton is doing well and that you are soon in your new homestead.

You are often in my thoughts, last night as I rocked a baby in "Easton's spot" I thought of you guys.

It was a pleasure getting to know you all. Take good care and I look forward to seeing Easton growing via your blog.

~Marcia