Monday, May 26, 2008

Oly Bears Update

So. Dan's team played at Safeco (yes we brought the baby... more on that later). They lost the first game which would have given them the chance at 1st or 2nd place in the state. They won their 2nd game and placed 3rd in the state. Not bad if I do say so myself.

The recap of the first game is this: If a player from the other team punches and/or kicks you (details unclear at this point), it is NOT OK to bear tackle (haha.. "bear tackle" they are the Oly Bears... get it??) them to the ground causing a chain reaction of your teammates assaulting the other team's players. Additionally, if any part of this was at one time possibly acceptable, it is ENTIRELY NOT OK to flip off the other team and/or their fans while walking off the field. In fact, this behavior will get you ejected by both the umpire and your coach. I have attached photos of the Oly pitcher tackling and then causing a field fight.

My thoughts are these: What a freaking cool way to end your the last game of your high school experience!! I mean, really!! Who can say they started an out-of-the-dug-out brawl at Safeco??? I certainly can't!! If any Oly players are reading this... that was a VERY poor example of sportsmanship and I am embarrassed to call myself part of that team (GO ADAM!!).

No comments: