Thursday, May 22, 2008

Finally some good news....

It looks like we are going home tomorrow! I realize that I'm probably jinxing myself, but I seriously think tomorrow is the day. We have heard from all the doctors and the consensus is that he doesn't have reflux any more than any typical baby. They have taken him off his reflux medication and are having us continue thickening his formula. They think his heart rate/breathing problem is simply a juicy air bubble coming up that he isn't mature enough to know what to do with. He's getting better at self managing the bubbles, so unless he has a total blue episode we will be free in the morning.

And my final piece of good news... we secured our house loan and will be moving in shortly. For those of you who don't know me well enough, I like to make things up and totally get myself worked up over them... generally these things are financial in nature. I decided that we would not get approved for our loan because of a variety of issues including: 1) the housing market going bad thus lowering the value of our house making a good loan unattainable, 2) again the market going bad thus raising the bank's minimum credit score (which we might not meet... see next item), 3) (my favorite) something weird happening to our credit that only the bank can see therefore making it something I can do nothing about, 4) my switching jobs (last September) will make the bank think I'm a bad job risk, and finally 5) something entirely bad that I didn't think of, but would only happen to us given our less than ideal luck this year.

Dan has been harassing me to post pictures of the house. I have been harassing him to take good pictures for me to post. Then he takes them, but I don't think they are good enough, so then we start all over with our harassment of each other. Needless to say, I don't have any good pictures today to post (Dan's fault), but will someday (assuming Dan will take some). Once I do, I will post them so everyone can see our new digs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm moving up even if I can't text. Check out what Mike did...


http://dogwoodmanor.blogspot.com/

The VanderHoevens said...

WHOO HOO!!!!

Anonymous said...

All the news sounds wonderful! I am sooo happy for you all! :)
Nurse Deb