Thursday, May 15, 2008

Possible Parole Date....


It looks like our little Stewbaby might be paroled from the hospital on Monday. We are TOTALLY keeping our fingers crossed and are trying to not get our hopes up.

Yesterday morning the hospital pediatrician decided it had been long enough with no progress so she developed a new game plan. We had been feeding him every three hours regardless of how hungry he was. Typically, he would eat most of his bottle and then be too tuckered out to finish then he would either desat or fall asleep. Either way we would gavage the rest of his milk.

The doctor decided we could go ahead and treat him like a full term baby and let him dictate how often he feeds. We started the new plan yesterday, which includes me beginning the feeding by nursing him then bottle feeding the rest of his meal. They also removed his feeding tube so that he must take all his food. So far, he has shown amazing improvement and is feeding more than what he needs each meal time. The doctor expected him to lose some weight while he gets the hang of eating everything by himself, but this morning's weigh-in revealed he still was gaining weight (total weight: 7 lbs 5 oz).

If he keeps up the good eating, continues to gain weight, and doesn't have any major breathing episodes, Monday might be the day.

Also, I think Easton might very well be the cutest little baby I've ever seen....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful mother, beautiful baby, beautiful picture, beautiful news...lvm

Anonymous said...

Teri and I agree that he is a very beatiful baby. I hope he gets to come home soon for you guys.I love reading you and your sis's blogs and look forward to reading them every morning. Will stay in touch Love TT


dtbgtorrey@hotmail.com

Cailen said...

He is so beautiful! I can't wait to see him more. I love this picture!

The VanderHoevens said...

That is pretty much the most adorable picture I have ever seen(of kids other than mine of course)

The Brights said...

Great photo! I've been keeping up on all your updates! We are hoping for the best...that he can go home soon!!