Monday, May 26, 2008

General update

We are home and doing GREAT. Well, great... if you consider my life as I knew it being completely gone! It's so odd how I have no time for blogging anymore because I'm taking care of a newborn. Who knew it took that much time...

My observations since being home:
1) I love love love making lists. It is truly the only way I can remotely keep my head on straight.
2) I totally miss the ladies at St Pete's nursery. I think about calling them a hundred times a day for every stupid question I think of (umm, just in case any of you are reading this... how often do i need to clean his ears? what temp should my house be? if he's sweaty then I probably have too many clothes on him? he can't have ice cream yet right? do you guys have a drop in daycare rate? Marcia.. I feel cheated on thinking you were feeding a baby in "OUR" spot...)
3) If I ever tell you "I'm just jumping in the shower and I'll be right over." what I really mean is "I'm not even close to getting my act together. It'll probably be several hours before I even put my shoes on."
4) The world has been going on without me even though I have a new baby, therefore, I still must pay the bills???
5) it's really hard for Dan to feed the baby and drink a beer at the same time (see picture).


Anyhow. Easton is doing totally great. We really like being a family and can't wait to settle into our new house (next week).

This is a pic of my niece Anzley and Easton... very very cute!

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and support. We truly couldn't have gotten through the last month without you.
Love,
k

2 comments:

Cailen said...

Lovin' the beer picture. Makes me laugh.

The Brights said...

yay! So glad you all are home!!
Yeah, the beer picture is great. We have one with Heath holding a beer bottle while holding a baby bottle with his chin. Skillz baby!