Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Notes from the hospital...



My observations:

1) St Peter's Hospital is NOTHING like Seattle Grace in Grey's Anatomy,

2) the hospital staff at St Peter's is NOTHING like the characters in Grey's Anatomy (note: this might be because all the staff we come into contact with are women, so hot and steamy love scenes in the on-call room might not be likely... again - might not be likely),

3) while the staff is not tv-ish, the other patients are... although they seem to fit in better with an episode of Desperate Housewives with a touch of Jerry Springer,

4) the Rose Room that we have been staying in is NOTHING close to the Hilton (not that anyone suggested otherwise, but honestly I did have my hopes),

5) while the hospital cafeteria claims to provide balanced meals; they do not, and finally

6) Dan has, THANK GOD, learned the art of multi-tasking (specifically listening to more than one conversation), which, unfortunately, he has developed only so we can further eavesdrop on nurse and/or patient conversations (take that HIPPA!).

For the record there is much more I could teach people, but unless you plan to take an extended vacation here then most of it is irrelevant.

Nothing has changed with the little boy. He's taken all of his feedings today by bottle with no episodes. Hopefully this will continue, but sometimes the little guy has his own plans. I posted a couple of pics from today.


On a side note, I thought an update on my milk production would be in order. For any past or present nursing moms, this information will be shocking. For the rest of you... not so much. Today I pumped at 2 pm and then was away from my pump until 7:45. When I finally pumped, a whopping 8 OUNCES came out!! Good grief I am a milk-making machine!! Granted there was almost 6 hours in between pumpings, but still!!!

More later....

3 comments:

The VanderHoevens said...

You go you milk making machine!! You rock! The more you pump, the more you make! Let me know when little Easton is coming home and I will get my pump to you.

Cailen said...

I love your observations! I'll keep them in mind next time I feel like having an extended stay in the hospital.

Cailen said...

He is so cute! I am tired of having allergies or tuberculosis or whatever my problem is. I need some baby love and I don't wan to have to stay away anymore!