1) The only benefit of being sleep deprived by getting 1-2 hours of sleep is that if you fail to remove your makeup before "going to bed" it's actually better because you're not asleep long enough to smudge it, thus saving yourself time in the morning.
Right... so moving onto Easton's news:
1) His heart murmur is PERFECTLY fine. The cardiologist said most, if not all, babies have this type of murmur and grow out of it. Easton will have another echo cardiogram in a year just to make sure everything developed as it should.
2) The barium swallow test showed he will benefit from having his milk thickened. When he drinks, the thin milk goes up his sinus cavity or nasal passage, which shouldn't be happening. The milk also settles a bit on the top of his trachea, which probably sneaks down every so often and likely contributes to his brady episodes. They have us adding a gel substance to his milk which thickens it so it will be less likely to sneak into places it shouldn't be going to. We have thickened one feeding and he was perfectly fine. We only burped him twice as opposed to the normal 6-7 times.
3) We are still waiting on the upper GI test results that was done this morning, which will confirm that he has reflux.
We probably won't know anything more until we have the results of the GI test. I'm sure the doctors will have a game plan based on the results, which will hopefully have a timeline of when we might go home.
We are at Mary Bridge likely for the duration of his hospital stay. It's not too convenient because it's in Tacoma, but we're glad that he's getting the help he needs. We really miss the St Pete's staff and had to make a late night chit chat phone call to them. I have to admit that I was rather upset when we first arrived at Mary Bridge because I had gotten attached and used to the Nursery staff at St Petes... I was feeling a little out of sorts.
Anyhow, that's all I have for now. I'll post more info as I get it. I attached some pics of Easton and his first ambulance ride.
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!



5 comments:
That sounds like things are going to move quickly in the right direction. Thank you so much for sharing and keeping us all updated. Tay and Kabes both went to Mary Bridge quite often for their seizures. They are good, but it does take getting used to a whole new staff, rules and how they do things. Take care, rest as much as possible cuz when you get Easton home before long he will be in to everything.
Lots of hugs, Jaime
Hey guys! I just got to read through Easton's Blog. :) It's adorable! I can so see your attitudes through the writing! I must say I missed all 3 of you when I came back to work tonight! I hope everything is going well, and that you will be home very very soon. I can tell you from experience that though this seems like it's forever, and you will never get to that light at the end of the tunnel, 19 years from now you will be looking at a very Healthy, happy, strapping handsome young man and be amazed at how far he has come. I think that every day when I look at my little (BIG) miracle! Hang in there!
You are in all our thoughts and prayers! Give little Easton a kiss.....
Nurse Deb
OK, if seeing that little man strapped in that ambulance car seat thingy doesn't break your heart, I don't know what will. I am thankful, though, that I can tell myself that he is, in fact, healthy, and that this wasn't some earth-shattering emergency ride. Hopefully that was his ONLY ride in the ambulance. I am so glad to hear those good results. So. Very. Glad. Love ya!
Wow...totally agree with Cailen!!!! That really broke my heart seeing him in the ambulance seat! I'm so glad things are sounding good. Sometimes puppies have little heart murmurs too that they can grow out of :)
By the way....the picture of him on the side couldn't be any cuter...loving the little smirk he has too!!
Unfortantly Calien is wrong. He's a boy. If anything i've learned from my two maggots is there's always a tree to climb, and fall. a fence to jump, and fall. a bicyle to do some dumb stunt with, and crash. There was a short trend there where we knew the emergency staff by name in Puyallup. Oops caught myself ranting. We are glad to here he's doing good. and look forward to homecoming pics soon Love TT
Post a Comment