Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cancun anyone?

I'm sick of snow pictures. So, here's one from our trip to Mexico last August. Beach pictures make me happy. Dan and I want to go back this summer (Dan? forgot to tell you that we want to go back this summer). I sent an email to my family as my first attempt to get a family trip going, but they haven't responded. So, I thought I'd post pictures as my second attempt.

What I loved best about going down there as a family when we got married, was seeing my parents swim under the moon in the ocean... ok, I loved that second best - I was down there getting married, after all. That was the first tropical vacation my parents had taken and it was so fun to see them enjoy themselves. I danced with my mom, ran into my dad running on the beach, they swam, played with grandkids, etc. It was amazing. I think my mom is still having problems from her sunburn. Which was not amazing.. ok, it was actually amazing to see that someone's skin could be that burned and still not fall off.

What I also loved was watching my sister's kids play in the water and get drinks from the bar (virgin, of course). The part I remember the most fondly about my sister's family was Cailen, Anzley, and I chillaxin' in a bed thing by the pool. Just us girls, kickin' it, relaxing. I know it was hard for them to come with the kids, but they made it. I hope they had as much fun as we did.

(**Note to family: I don't actually plan on taking Easton to Mexico this summer. Cuz that wouldn't be as relaxing. The other grandkids are more than welcome to attend my proposed vacation, however, I am also open to suggestions on other tropical trips which do not involve taking our children to third world countries.)

And dad? Do you remember how your nextel beep-beeped down there? So it's not like we would be disconnected from the rest of the world. In fact, last summer I texted the whole time.

Please family - vacation anyone??? I'll even let you guys pay for me?? Still no?? What will it take? A different location??

1 comment:

Cailen said...

I loved laying (lying?) on that hanging bed thing. I am kind of liking that Anzley is the only girl. I like having the three of us being a group... and I'm relying on you to help steer her through the teenage years if/when she doesn't want to talk to me anymore. :)