Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My big boy

We got one of those trainer sippy cups because Easton has been really interested in holding his bottle, but has a hard time w/ getting his hands around it. This one has little handles on it, which makes it much easier for him to hold on. He can drink out of it, but kinda just messes around with it more than actually drinking from it. He probably thinks it's a cool toy that tastes good.

Our sleeping issues are no more. I owe my sanity to Dan on this one. He came up with a great nighttime routine which Easton responds well to (no, it doesn't include medicating the child). We've also been doing a modified crying it out thing, which lets Easton attempt to put himself to sleep, but not in total abandonment. Each night gets better and last night he was asleep in just a few minutes after only a little bit of whining. Much better, I'd say.


I also think we're making progress on his screaming during car seat rides, but I'm afraid if I actually blog about it he'll prove me wrong. So... I think I'll wait and see about that one.....

3 comments:

The VanderHoevens said...

Yeah - sleep and the car getting better. What relief for you! I know I just saw him, but he looks even older with a sippy cup in his hand!

joyce said...

yay! glad to hear that your nights is getting better. now that you mention it, a bedtime routine helped a lot at our house too. we also just got one of those carseat mirrors that lights up and plays music, which is helping a lot, but we'll see if (or when) the novelty wears off!

Cailen said...

Yay! Sippy cup! He looks so grown up. I love the second picture...his expression is like, "Whatever, I am so not interested in what they are doing to me right now."