This is a shout-out to all the parents out there. I just checked in on my sleeping kiddo. Maybe it's because Dan is at work, maybe it's hormonal, or maybe this is just being a parent, but very often I am just shocked that I have a baby. I see him and just think... weird... I have a baby now. And then I get this amazing feeling of being completely shocked and utterly thankful that I have this sweet child. It still seems unreal to me after three months that we are so blessed to have this baby boy in our family. Perhaps after 30 years of being childless it still takes awhile to get used to having a baby? Whatever the reason, I often get this warm fuzzy feeling because he is mine. When does this, if ever, go away? Do I need to write about this in his baby book so I will never forget it or will I always feel this way? (Side note: he screamed his guts out for 45 minutes before falling asleep tonight... and now I'm blogging about how much I love him... odd how that works.)
I should probably post an update on him. He has finally started sleeping completely through the night. He's been sleeping at least a 12 hour stretch for the last week or so. I am SO thankful for this. It has really helped me because I can get some stuff done after he goes to bed, but still have enough time to get a good night's rest. I've also started him on solid food because he's been eating so much so often and was still cranky. We started putting rice cereal in his bottles a month or so ago, so I figured giving him a concentrated form would be ok. I mix the cereal with some baby food fruit. He totally loves it and eats it up like a starving child. I think he's happier since I started that, but who knows for sure.
Nothing new for Dan and I. He's still playing baseball and I've enjoyed watching his games. His softball is over, which I'm glad about because the games were always pretty late in the evening. I think that's all for now... I hope everyone is enjoying the heat...
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Without trying to join the sappy train. :) Yes - I think all parents are like that. It makes the times when you are so frustrated you don't know what to do worth it. It goes by so fast, if you don't sit and take a breath and look at what a little miracle you have been given every once and awhile, you will regret it later. Especially right now while he doesn't talk back.
That is so wonderful about his sleeping! I'm am absolutely jealous!!! :) He's such a beautiful boy and was very happy when I got to spend time with him. I can't wait to see him again.
Post a Comment