I think I might have a problem buying things for Easton.
Lately, Easton's been calling everything his "new" whatever... his "new toy", his "new blocks", his "new shoes", etc. Today Dan said "Why does he call everything his new something?" Of course, I admit nothing and say "Oh good lord! Who knows?!! I mean, he's two!! He thinks it's cool to sweep the floor!! I have NO IDEA what he's talking about." (Note to self: hide all new toys I purchased this week for Easton during shopping trips that he was "good" for, thus deserving a new toy.)
So no big deal, I played that one super cool. Then later after checking the mail, I show Dan something out of a catalog that I think would be super cool to get Easton for Christmas (it was a fire station!! like a girls doll house, but for boys!! what fireman's son doesn't need that for Christmas???). Then Easton comes over and wants to look at the "book" too, so he snuggles into my lap and flips through the pages. And proceeds to say "I need that!!" to every single thing he sees. (Except for the girl page, which he wanted nothing!! Whoo hoo!!).
OF COURSE, Dan sees this and gives me the look. To which I say "Oh good lord! He's two!! He thinks it's cool to sweep the floor!! I have NO IDEA what he's talking about. He doesn't NEED THAT! I mean, what two year old "needs" a personalized wagon?? That's dumb." (Note: my child HAS TO HAVE that personalized wagon. I will sell my chickens if that's what it takes for me to buy that for him. I mean, how will we know who the wagon belongs to if his name isn't on it???? It's a necessity as far as I'm concerned.)
So. Things Easton "needs":
-snow shovel
-personalized wagon
-fascinating fun: our beginner bug set
-everything her first doll should be (really Easton? you actually NEED this?? Sigh.)
-the vanishing playhouse
-tents, tunnels, and a whole crawl-around town
-UFO: Undeniably fun object
-to the rescue: our 3-in-1 play value
-my own george forman grill
-it's a dyson and it works
-cleaning up with my shop vac (that's my boy!!!)
-the most realistic work bench you'll find
-the express train
-vroom vroom: a chopper for tots
I seriously have to stop buying him things.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
i hear you - i feel like i was always begging my parents for toys, and now i am the reason my kids have as many toys as they do. speaking of grills though, my kids definitely have to have this one.
Post a Comment