Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Let's try this again....

My last attempt at posting an update was unsuccessful.. hopefully this time around there won't be any problems.

We've had so much going on that I just don't have any time to blog. I decided I must take the time because I bet half the world is wondering what is going on with me and Easton (and maybe with Dan... )... I decided to just make a list of everything that's been going on rather than one huge long (yet very exciting) post... Here we go....

-Easton is getting so big and doing new things everyday. He's getting a stubborn, demanding, yet totally lovable personality... only further solidifying the fact that he's mine and Dan's child.

-We stood in line for hours and hours and hours to get a swine flu shot for Easton. I didn't get one because I guess having cancer doesn't qualify for the "at-risk" population. (Note: must get pregnant next time there is a pandemic so that I can get the vaccine). Dan was supposed to get one at work, but for some reason his captain cancelled the shot lady cuz he said nobody wanted one on his shift. Clearly, I have fallen victim to the media frenzy, even though I like to pretend I'm not that stupid.

-Started teaching (and am almost done for the quarter) a criminology class at Evergreen, which is going great (I think.. my students might have a different opinion).

-Easton was Raggedy Andy for Halloween... I figured this was probably the last time I could dress him in that costume without severely damaging his sense of manness. But oh man.. he was sooooooo freaking cute. He didn't really get trick or treating. He just tried to go into everybody's houses when they opened the door.

-Got my first cancer recheck and have an enlarged lymph node that "appears" benign. I called my doctor to discuss "appears" but couldn't get past his nurse who assured me "appears" is just doctor lingo... I am my own best advocate so I've put "try getting past the nurse to talk to Dr. Shannon" on my long list of annoying things to take care of.

-Dan and I had our 3-year anniversary and got a couples massage to celebrate. I got a deep tissue massage... which I guess mirrors what a marriage is... obscenely painful, yet amazingly wonderful all at the same time.

-Just found out what espresso beans my most favorite coffee stand in Tenino uses. Then went to the Mud Bay Coffee Co and bought some (Olympus is the flavor by the way). I am LOVING life now. (Note: I really get how this seems like a rather mundane thing to blog about. Except that it's not. I take my coffee drinking very seriously.)

-I threw a house warming party for a friend and a baby shower for another friend... who still has not popped the baby out.. come on Ruby....... make your entrance anytime now.... I'm waiting.....

-Had a fall party at our house to kick off autumn and eat yummy fall food. I went on a pumpkin buying kick so Dan, Josh, and I carved 15 pumpkins. Dan's pumpkins were.... interesting... and a little X-rated.

-Got my hair done w/ Missy Jo at a spa in McKenna. It turned out very very very awful. I look like an idiot and have to wear my hair in a pony tail, with bobby pins, and a head band. To fix it, I would have to have super short hair. So I opted to keep the bad bad bad haircut. But on a positive note... I like the color. And Missy's hair looks fab. Sigh.

-Spent part of Thanksgiving at Dan's work (he had to work in case you're wondering... we don't generally just go hang out there on holidays). And then the rest of the day at my sisters with my family and Dan's parents.

-Dan bought a beater truck to do stuff on our property with. I was so happy he got it so that his time on Craigslist would come to an end. But now he just spends his time on Craigslist looking for parts. And now we have an old beater truck to work on. So really nothing positive came from buying it.

I'm sure there's way more to blog about but I can't think of it right now and Easton just woke up from his nap so I need to feed him...

More to follow!


Easton looking at his auntie and uncle in their halloween costumes:


His auntie and uncle in their halloween costumes:


E as Raggedy Andy:


The fall party decorations in front of our house (can i just ask does anyone out there know how difficult it is to type with a 1-year-old holding onto one of your hands.. cuz I do.):



E and his friend sharing his couch and a few smooches:


E didn't want to play with playdough.. quite the opposite.. he went and got a rag and started cleaning up the table.. (he's soooo Dan's child):





1 comment:

joyce said...

i can empathize - adam checks craigslist multiple (5+) times a day just because there might be something that he might want. and buying things off craigslist only makes it worse, because it validates his belief that, at any given moment, someone might be selling or giving away something that is a REALLY great deal. it must be some kind of new 21st century addiction or something.