We took
Easton to a baby cardiologist a week or so ago for a follow up
appt for a heart murmur he had when he was born. His heart is totally fine now... no problems at all. We just took him yesterday to Mary Bridge to screen him for a retinal problem a lot of preemies can have. Little did I know, that low birth weight preemies mostly get this...
Easton was clearly not in that category. I guess I should add that I had myself completely worked up in my normal fashion. At
Easton's year checkup, it came to our attention this eye screening had fallen through the cracks and he should have been screened for it at birth. So OF COURSE, I run home and google it and read all the horror stories about this condition. I was TOTALLY
convinced that he would fall and bonk his head and that would cause his retinas to detach. I JUST KNEW IT WOULD HAPPEN!! Well... it didn't... and his eyes are totally fine (although it was a tad bit funny to see him react to having fully dilated eyes... shut your eyes already kid!). So, no more preemie stuff at all!
Yay!!
Here is a pic of him at the cardiologists.

Also last week my friend invited me to a fabulous little park in Tacoma that has a totally cool water play area for kids.
Easton had a great time trying to grab the streams of water. He's SO darn cute!

2 comments:
yay - no more preemie stuff! i think we have one more dev follow-up at 2, and that should be it. i remember people saying, "soon this will all just be a distant memory" when we were doing the nicu thing... i'm still not there yet, but definitely getting closer, so i guess they were right!
btw, easton is ADORABLE!
Post a Comment