Sunday, April 19, 2009

Finally... our deck is being built

After months and months and months of wishing... we finally got started on our deck... and by "we" I don't mean to imply that I'm participating in the deck building - I play more of a support role, which basically is just providing food and beer. Dan and his friend started setting the blocks on Friday to get ready for the lumber delivery on Saturday. Then the next day we had a bunch of family over and the deck building began. Then today my sister's husband Mike, Colter, and my cousin Karl came over to help Dan some more. It's my goal to have it done by Easton's birthday party next weekend and I think they will finish. I'll attach pics of their progress so far....

1 comment:

The Brights said...

You guys are sooo ahead of schedule on getting your deck done. We just finally finished it late last summer with the covering. It was an almost 3 yr project.....with the 1st year nearly killing Josh with heatstroke. We are all really worried about him...especially when he took the world's longest cold shower. Poor guy!
Now that we have our deck...I can't imagine living without it! Yours looks great!!